Our client provides ecology consultancy services to a wide range of clients and pride themselves in technical excellence and providing an innovative, pragmatic, client friendly service.
Due to further work gains, they are now seeking an experienced Ecologist to join their growing Oxfordshire based team;
The successful applicant must posses;
- Genuine and demonstrable enthusiasm for ecology and the environment;
- Experienced at phase 1 habitat surveys and protected species surveys;
- Ideally a survey licence for at least one protected species e.g. bats;
- Ability to lead field teams;
- Good report writing skills;
- Motivated to work both independently and as part of a team, often in remote locations and sometimes during unsociable hours;
- Good communication skills both with colleagues, clients and third parties;
- Comfortable designing surveys;
- Full driving licence and use of a car; and
- The project-based nature of our work means the candidate must be wiling to undertake travel and work away from home with overnight stays.
Further Desirable skills include;
- Advanced skills in one or more specialist ecological areas e.g. bats;
- Member of CIEEM or working towards it;
- Degree or equivalent in an ecology related discipline;
- Experience of using QGIS or ArcGIS;
- Comfortable generating new work and networking; and
- Experience of designing surveys and quoting for work;
In return our client will offer the successful applicant an attractive remuneration package to include competitive salary, additional holidays, flexible working, on-going training and development and further benefits to be discussed.
Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.