Our client is looking for a dedicated Assurance Manager to assist the head of operational assurance at a University in London. You would work under the leadership of the Head of Operational Assurance, the role is responsible for managing the university’s management programme and protecting the university from any avoidable litigation due to negligence.
Duties would include:
• To ensure the Directorate of Estates & Facilities complies with its duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012), and other relevant legislation.
• To plan, programme and organise asbestos management surveys of all buildings as required, ensuring all ACMs are regularly inspected and controlled across the University building portfolio.
• To hold and manage the university’s Asbestos Register and produce and review asbestos risk assessments to inform the same.
• Oversee the organisation and management of asbestos remedial works.
• To provide professional advice and guidance to the Directorate and regarding remedial works associated with construction works and projects.
• To assist the Procurement Team in setting, developing and monitoring appropriate and acceptable standards within a general framework of “best value”.
• Undertake risk assessments, risk management and contingency
• Provide operational decision making relating to asbestos management
• Day to day management including out of hours availability in emergencies
Service delivery Responsibility would include:
• Monitoring and Reviewing the university’s Asbestos Management Arrangements
• Manage and oversee the asbestos re-inspection programme across all university properties to ensure this is completed in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all ACM labels are in place and replace where damaged or removed• Ensure that the Electronic Asbestos Register is updated where ACMs are removed or remain in place
• Organise regular audits of the Asbestos Register in collaboration with the university’s Health and Safety Services (H&SS)
• Ensure that all statutory documentation generated by asbestos works are properly completed and recorded
• Keep project files of asbestos remediation or investigative works, provide Project Managers with Asbestos Works Completion documentation including certification where required.
• Responsible for the continual development of the asbestos register, and to oversee training to users of the asbestos register
• Ensure that an asbestos awareness training regime is in place for applicable personnel and that the course content is regularly reviewed to ensure it remains current and relevant. This applies to both face to face training and e-learning modules.
General ACM Management Duties would include:
• Assist in the development and implementation of performance-monitoring systems so as to provide evidence that the team is providing value for money
• Assist in the setting up of performance management systems incorporating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
• Develop, maintain and monitor as necessary, general standard specification for works with Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
• Advise and contribute to the planning of programmes of work for asbestos management on specific projects
• To recommend to stakeholders on when to take remedial or management action depending on risk levels
• Responsible for setting the direction and scope, including management of budgets
• Procure and manage the nominated asbestos consultant and licensed asbestos removal contractor.
• Ensure activities undertaken by the team and the university’s term asbestos contractors, are carried out in accordance with the requirements of the university policies and procedures, and particularly the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and relevant subordinate legislation.
• Ensure via audit that asbestos service providers follow all KCL applicable procedures and processes as well as comply with contract specifications, to include the maintenance of applicable accreditations and licenses.
• Contribute to the development of a customer focused service, promoting the Directorate of Estates and Facilities by establishing and maintaining working relationships throughout the University.
• Carry out thorough investigations in response to asbestos related enquiries and provide a documented report and recommendations for remediation or management.
• Assess, review and recommend actions to align with inspection findings and changes in regulations or good practice
• To be responsible for managing the asbestos database and running reports.
• Responsible for monitoring the progress of all aspects from asbestos surveys to asbestos remediation from inception to completion
• Management of Remediation Works
• Prepare specifications and recommendations for asbestos remediation works and issue to the Project Manager
• Stopping work where the contractor does not perform to required standards of safety.
• Advise Project Managers, Building Managers, users and service providers in order to facilitate asbestos works in a safe manner
• Act as Administrator on all asbestos remediation works including meetings; agreeing plan of works, reviewing method statements; ensuring site works comply with health & safety requirements, monitoring the contractors and reporting any deficiencies to the university’s Health and Safety Services (H&SS)
• To be knowledgeable
• To be Inclusive
• To be naturally friendly
• To continuously grow our service delivery
• To deliver quality service standards
*Note: *Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly