Our clients specialise in providing ecological consultancy services to a well-established base of high profile clients in both the public and private sectors.
Due to further growth, they are now seeking an Assistant Ecologist to join their growing Oxfordshire based team.
The successful candidate must posses;
- A relevant degree and/or post graduate qualification, with a strong academic ability and record
- A sound background in or enthusiasm for natural history and familiarity with UK flora and fauna
- Some experience with UK botanical and / or faunal identification and survey work;
- A broad understanding of UK wildlife legislation
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment, with effective teamwork and excellent communication skills
- Full driving licence and own car, insured for business use
You would be an Assistant Ecologist/Ecologist, working within the ecology team, undertaking a range of field survey work for habitats and faunal species (e.g. bats, Badger, GCN, reptiles, Otter, Water Vole, and nesting birds) across the UK. You will also carry out background research, manage and analyse field survey data, carrying out interpretation and writing technical reports.
In return our client will offer the successful applicant an attractive remuneration package, to include competitive salary and various additional benefits.
Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.