Our client is one of London’s best known college’s, currently seeking an Asbestos Assurance Support Manager to join their campus based team.
The successful applicant must posses;
- BOHS P402, P403, P404 and P405 are Essential
- S301 and CCP are advantageous but not essential
- Experience in using AutoCAD
- Experience of working within the Higher Education sector or as consultants to Higher Education / NHS Trusts
- Experience of operating or working with asbestos management systems and keeping asbestos registers
- A proven track record of successful project management preferably within the asbestos remediation and management sector
- Thorough knowledge of current legislation in asbestos management and survey techniques
Your primary duties will include;
- To support the Assurance Manager – Asbestos & Legionella to ensure the Directorate of Estates & Facilities complies with its duties under the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR 2012), and other relevant legislation.
- It provides a dedicated staff member to support the day to day management of the above in order to ensure that the College performs all its legislative and statutory duties more efficiently and effectively.
- General administrative support will be required from time to time including the uploading statutory and project information onto the Directorate’s electronic management systems, Planon, Sharepoint and Zutec.
- Working under the leadership of the Assurance Manager – Asbestos & Legionella, the role is responsible for assisting with the delivery the College’s asbestos management programme, protecting the College from any avoidable litigation due to negligence or oversight
- Performing regular and timely asbestos re-inspections of Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs) throughout the estate
In return our client will offer the successful applicant;
- Salary between £33,500 - £39,900 dependent on experience
- £2,900 London Weighing Allowance
- Additional benefits to be discussed at interview