Our client is a growing provider of electrical contracting and M&E services, covering works nationally and for a variety of clients.
They are currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer to assist with tendering for projects around Nottinghamshire
Role & Responsibilities:
- Be able to create, edit and review: Technical Submissions, Request For Information documents, Material Requisitions, Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other project related documents
- Be able to review Specifications, Employer Requirements, to ensure compliance.
- Have a good working knowledge of electrical and mechanical installation and possess technical qualifications in at least one of the disciplines.
- Provide accurate reports on time and have great communication skills with an ability to meet deadlines and work with the site team.
- Have a high level of commercial awareness, and work closely with Quantity Surveyors for financial reporting, whilst being cost focused for procurement and managing ongoing project spending.
- Show good contractual understanding both toward clients and sub-contractors.
- Various commercial Projects
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge/qualifications in Electrical Building Services Engineering design
- Autodesk CAD and Microsoft Office packages
- Experience in specification writing (NBS or NES type) would be beneficial
- Experience of sustainable design solutions
- Knowledge and application of Building Regulations (Part L, Part F etc.) and appropriate British Standards (heating, natural gas, pipework systems etc.)
- Knowledge of RIBA Plan of Work/BSRIA Building Services Design Framework process
- Ability to manage workload of multiple projects and prioritise workload
- Working as part of a team or autonomously
- Writing and verbal communications
- Analysing and problem solving
In return our client will offer the successful applicant an attractive remuneration package to include competitive salary and various benefits.
*Note: *Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.