Zone Recruitment have an opportunity for one of our clients as an EMC Test Engineer to join their rapidly expanding team in Skelmersdale. As a member of the operations team, the Engineer position performs a variety of routine and non-routine testing assignments within the department assigned and insures timely and accurate test results under minimal direct supervision.
The Engineer position must be proficient in a number of core business and technical skills including but not limited to compliance to established safety rules, code of conduct, and company policies and procedures.
- Perform testing to procedures laid down in the procedures manual
- Familiarise themselves with test equipment functions, measurement and calibration techniques
- Identify the need for new measurement methods where procedures do not cover the exact nature of testing being carried out
- Maintain a technical logbook
- Record results of tests on the prescribed result sheets, to plot graphical results
- Prepare test reports as laid down in procedure manual
- Deal with client enquiries regarding work schedules and costing
- Ensure that commercial confidentiality is maintained
- Carry out any other reasonable duty as directed by the Senior Engineer or Department Manager
- Experience working within the electronics industry is essential for this role
- EMC testing experience is significantly advantageous
- Knowledge and experience of EMC and electrical principles
- Understanding of the relevant testing standards such as UKAS/IEC is advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant Health and Safety systems and environmental regulations
- Ability to plan, organise and manage work within the defined area of responsibility
- Ability to review performance, identify problems and contribute to their solution
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to apply logical reasoning and analytical thinking
- Ability to build an environment that delivers high performance through empowering its employees
- Ability to understand and respond with emotional intelligence to resolve conflict, working with colleagues to deliver a service that satisfies expectations
- Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.