Zone Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of a large national client for an Electrical Equipment Technician / Service Technician to join their team. You would report to the Field Installations Manager and work closely with sales and support functions, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing equipment support to our Institutional customers. This is a field based role covering an area of the North West, primarily Manchester.
What's in it for you?
- Join a global organisation who are a market leader in their field with ambitious plans for future growth
- Excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- Competitive salary and benefits including pension, flexible benefits offering and company vehicle
What will you do:
The Electrical Equipment Technician will primarily be responsible for the installation of dispensing equipment in line with the company installation standards manual, along with assisting the field Territory Managers in solving equipment / dishwasher related issues. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Installation of automatic Chemical Dispensing equipment on to a range of dishwasher, glass washers and laundry machines to include electrical connections and water connections.
- Installation of a range of manually and automatically controlled chemical dispensers to also include plumbing connections.
- Maintaining a relationship with key customer personnel.
- Basic customer training to include COSHH and chemical handling.
- Additional duties can include: minor equipment repair and calibration; recommending changes in chemical dosage, feed rates, or equipment; creating service reports and providing technical support to your aligned sales district.
- Completing field documentation and reports in a timely fashion as determined by company and legislation requirements.
- Managing and maintaining inventory of vehicle equipment and parts.
- Responsibility for all aspects of safety on the job
- Upselling of existing lines and products to customers
- Passing on Sales Leads to the Local Territory Manager
- Training new Colleagues on Electrical Installations
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally, we are looking for someone who has experience in electrical / mechanical equipment repairs; with a good electrical knowledge; (ideally C&G level 1) Ability to read and understand Electrical Wiring Diagrams
- Full UK Driving License with less than 6 points.
- Computer/CRM Literate
- Overnight stays with adequate notice
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to travel within allocated district and nationwide
- Ability to work abroad with adequate notice
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels
- Continuous Improvement mentality, offering new Ideas
- Change agility in a fast- paced Global Organization
- Adherence to all KPI’s related to the role
NOTE: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.