Our client is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services.
They are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Operations Manager to join their Plymouth based team.
The successful applicant must posses;
- Must be computer literate in use of MS packages
- Must have detailed understanding of international analytical standards and operational procedures
- Knowledge of LIMS and quality systems ( RE SGS: CAPR, CRYSTAL CCLAS and BOSS)
- Effective interpersonal, team working and organisational skills
- Extensive experience in Laboratory Operations / Mine Plant analysis or related Industry
- Ability to plan and co-ordinate laboratory operations and effectively manage projects including costing and profitability
- Demonstrate experience of delivering and assessing laboratory techniques and standards
- Degree in chemistry or related science subject
- Current driving license
Your primary duties will include;
- Allocate and monitor resources so that client’s needs are satisfied in a safe, accurate, economical and timely manner to ensure contractual delivery
- Ensure QH&S procedures are adhered to, both an internal and client requirement
- Maintain Quality Standards to an industry recognised Standard and ensure the laboratory meet UK and Global Mineral Quality Standards (ISO 17025) that is essential to the commercial viability of the laboratory and customer confidence
- Authorisation of laboratory reports and technical / H&S/ QA governance to ensure contractual and QH&S requirements are achieved
- Act as a technical and contract focal point to key clients to ensure service delivery
In return our client will offer the successful applicant a competitive remuneration package to include competitive salary, private health cover, life insurance, pension scheme and additional benefits to be discussed.
Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.