Our client provides practical advice, using specialist associates for a wide range of environmental projects relating to waste management, minerals, residential, renewable energy and other land development sectors, primarily in the UK.
They are currently seeking an experienced Principal Ecologist to join their growing West Midlands based team.
The successful applicant must posses;
- Have at least 5 years’ relevant practical experience
- Be a full member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. MCIEEM)
- Extended Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species Surveys experience
- PEAR and EcIA production experience
- Hold a protected species survey licence
- Protected species mitigation scheme and development licence application experience
- Commercial awareness and good client-consultant relationship management
- Applied knowledge of practical and legal aspects of ecology
This position will involve a degree of both site and office based work undertake species and habitat surveys and works as required. You will also be involved in the training of junior Ecologists and their development. You will be commercially away and help the business in it’s growth plans and developing new business. You will also be expected to liaise with and coordinate contractors as required.
In return our client will offer the successful applicant;
- Attractive salary (commensurate with experience)
- On-going career development
- Company pension scheme
- Various additional benefits to be discussed
Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.