Our client is an award-winning independent ecological consultancy, who provide a complete ecology service from baseline survey for habitats and protected species to impact assessment and biodiversity management planning.
They are currently seeking an experienced Senior Ecologist to join their Oxfordshire based team.
The successful candidate must posses;
- Previous relevant professional experience (a track record in ecological consultancy / in the ecology sector)
- A technical specialism and / or one or more protected species licences
- Knowledge and understanding of the planning system and current wildlife legislation
- Confidence in written and verbal communication and a demonstrable track record in both
- Project management experience
- The ability to understand, identify and resolve ecological issues
- A genuine enthusiasm for ecology and the environment in the UK
- The desire to promote high professional standards in ecology
- An organised approach to work, flexibility and a high level of motivation
- A good BSc or an MSc in a relevant subject
- A full driving licence
You will have the chance to become involved in a variety of interesting, complex and high-profile projects for a wide-range of clients, and to develop your skills in all aspects of consultancy work through mentoring, a structured review process and training programme.
Due to the nature of the work, some travel may be required and so a willingness to travel as required will be essential.
In return our client will offer the successful applicant;
- Attractive salary (Commensurate with experience)
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Various additional benefit to be discussed
Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.