Our client is a specialist provider of environmental services, providing support in various areas including water treatment, ecology and asbestos remediation services.
They currently require an experienced Senior Ecology Consultant to join their growing Manchester based team.
The successful candidate must posses;
- Around 5 or more years’ experience within a similar role in a consultancy or contracting environment.
- Honours degree and/or post-graduate qualification in ecology or a related biological/environmental science discipline
- Membership of CIEEM
- At least one European Protected Species licence (Class 2 bats would be highly desirable)
Your primary duties will include;
- Delivery and management of a range of ecological project in various business sectors, to the desired quality and standard and within budget – specialist species surveys, preliminary ecological assessment, ecological impact assessment, habitats regulations assessment, EPS licensing, design of mitigation, monitoring and biodiversity enhancement
- Management of the northern Ecology team with coaching and mentoring of junior staff to support their career development
- Undertake business development activities, including preparation of bids and proposals, marketing and client development
- Regular communication with clients, team members and other stakeholders to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of projects
- Assisting with business forecasting, invoicing and resourcing
- Pro-actively identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and efficient ways of working within projects and more widely across the business
In return our client will offer the successful applicant;
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Company pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Reward recognition schemes
- On-going career development and additional training
- Various additional benefits to be discussed
Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.