Our client is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK environmental consultancy specialising in a comprehensive range of environmental, inspection, regulatory and risk management services.
They are currently seeking a Senior Geo-Environmental Engineer to join their Manchester based team.
The successful candidate must posses;
- BSc (Hons), MSc (Preferable) in a related subject such as Geology, Environmental Science, Contaminated Land, Geotechnics, Engineering Geology, etc
- Around 5 or more years’ experience within a similar role in a consultancy or contracting environment.
- Membership of professional organization, commitment towards continuing professional development and be chartered or with a clearly defined plan to apply within the next 12 months (e.g. CGeol, C Sci, C Env or similar)
- SMSTS Training desirable but not essential
- Full UK driving licence and willing to travel as required
Your primary duties will include;
- Management of projects to ensure that they are delivered on time, to the desired quality and standard and within budget
- Regular communication with the client, team members and other stakeholders to keep them up to date with the progress, status and findings of projects
- Timely and accurate response to all client enquiries in line with the REC business vision and values
- Communication with the northern geo-environmental lead at all times to keep them up to date with new proposals, enquiries, projects and related matters
- Deputising for the northern geo-environmental lead during periods of annual leave or as required
- Assisting the northern environmental lead with forecasting, invoicing and resourcing
- Acting as a professional representative for the REC business and in doing so pro-actively promoting the REC brand and values both internally and externally
In return our client will offer the successful applicant;
- Attractive salary (commensurate with experience)
- Company pension scheme
- Private health cover
- Retail discount scheme
- Various reward and recognition schemes
- Various additional benefits to be discussed
Note: Zone Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants, however, due to application volume sometimes this is not possible. If you have not received a response within 14 days then on this occasion, unfortunately your application will not have been successful. We do not retain your details on file unless you are contacted first. Your personal data will not be used for any other purpose other than to be presented for the position applied and/or for other roles which will be discussed by our Consultants with you directly.